The Yardbirds Roger The Engineer Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl Super Deluxe Box Set
Indies exclusive edition pressed on red, white and blue vinyl.
Release Date 18th June 2021
Demon Records is proud to present the ultimate reissue of the Yardbirds’ 1966 album Yardbirds,Yardbirds, (often known as ‘Roger the Engineer’). Recorded by the classic line up of Jeff Beck, Keith Relf , Jim McCarty, Chris Dreja and Paul Samwell Smith, the band began exploring new sonic territories, pushing their blues rock sound into the realms of the avant garde, psychedelia and Indian music. Using original tapes, this super deluxe edition features new and definitive remastering by Phil Kinrade at Alchemy Mastering at AIR, overseen by original album producer Paul Samwell Smith.
“Remastering this album has been a joy. To hear the tracks sounding just as we heard them all those years ago while we were recording them energetic, edgy, and in your face is an unexpected treat. In 1966, it was a rare and exciting opportunity to be given a recording studio for 5 days and allowed to experiment. That excitement still shows.” Paul Samwell Smith
“This is what rock ‘n’ roll beauty is the true freedom of creative impulse.” Thurston Moore
“The Yardbirds produced some of the most compelling musical art of the 20th century.” Wayne Kramer
• Yardbirds in mono Remastered from the original British ¼” mono master tapes, newly transferred for this releaseatAbbey Road Studios. Pressed on 180g blue vinyl, housed in a replica of the original British album sleeve.
• Yardbirds in stereo Considered by producer Paul Samwell Smith to be the definitive version of the album, the stereomix has been remastered from the ¼” master tapes which were newly transferred for this release at Alchemy Masteringat AIR. Pressed on 180g red vinyl, housed in a replica of the ultra rare German sleeve.
• Happenings Ten Years Time Ago 7” The classic psychedelic single (featuring future Led Zeppelin members Jimmy
Page and John Paul Jones) has been newly remastered for this release. Pressed on white vinyl.
• 3 CDs Featuring the mono and stereo mixes of the album on CDs 1 and 2 and bonus tracks on CD 3. Highlights on CD3 include newly remastered non album singles, rare alternate versions, and a previously unreleased early mix of ‘TurnInto Earth’ which reveals a searing guitar solo by Jeff Beck.
• 24 page 12” x 12” booklet Includes rare memorabilia and photographs, an exclusive introduction by Jeff Beck,
testimonials by Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore and MC5’s Wayne Kramer, plus an extensive essay and track by track linernotes by David French based on new interviews with Jimmy Page, Paul Samwell Smith, Jim McCarty and Simon NapierBell.
• A2 fold out poster inspired by the original ‘Over, Under, Sideways, Down’ single release advertisement.
• Indies exclusive edition pressed on red, white and blue vinyl.